Power Transmission Solutions for Marine and Offshore Oil & Gas
Hydraulically operated, Spring-Spplied Multi-Disc Clutch for wet operation, especially designed for the marine market.
Difference to KMS "standard" is, that this design has been developed for higher thermal loads.
- For high thermical loads
- Excellent torque to weight ratio
- Low mass moment of inertia
- Design can be adjusted due to costumer requirements, so special customized designs are possible
- Switching heat dissipated by internal oil cooling
- Long service life of the discs
- Low maintenance, any disc wear automatically compensated by piston travel
- Remote control capability
- Continuous increase of oil pressure, and so shockless switching
- Mechanical emergency operation device on failure of hydraulic oil supply
- Drag torque can be reduce due to using wave springs